How It Works
As the program progresses, program facilitators help faith communities extend their reach into the local community and support community-wide health initiatives. Faithful Families also provides opportunities for program facilitators to connect faith communities with local resources, coalitions, and community organizations.
FAITH COMMUNITES HAVE:
- Joined a local coalition working to increase access to healthy food and safe places for physical activity.
- Opened up faith community spaces for physical activity.
- Established an on-site farmers market to increase access to local food for the community.
- Installed Bike Fixtations near safe areas for physical activity, which has incentivized these communities to hold bike safety and repair events and to promote the importance of physical activity through signage and community biking events.
- Connected members to Diabetes Prevention Programs.